The CBSE has now made it mandatory for all its affiliated schools to upload mandatory information in six different categories by 30th November. The details have to include facilities, finances and many other important details. These details will be available in the public domain.
Schools affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will now have to file the mandatory disclosure containing more than 100 different parameters. The last date for filing the mandatory disclosure has been extended to 30th November 2016. The information has to be filed online and should also be uploaded on the school’s website.
The Mandatory Disclosure
There are more than 18000 schools across the country affiliated with the CBSE. Now, all these schools will have to file the mandatory disclosure about their academic & infrastructural facilities. They should also put this information in the public domain for wider publicity. The schools should also disclose the details about the finances including fees, salaries to teachers etc.
The information to be disclosed has been categorized into six broad categories.
- General Information about the school
- Details about the Management
- Infrastructure details
- Staff details
- Financial reports
- Other vital information
The general information about the school has to contain the following information among others
- GIS location of the school
- Distance from a Nationalized bank, Railway Station, Police Station, Bank etc.
- Details of the NOC from the relevant government authority
- Year of establishment along with the status of affiliation with CBSE
The management details should contain the name of the trust/society/company along with the names of the School Managing Committee. The details should also include names & addresses of the Principal & Correspondent of the school.
The details about the following infrastructure should be uploaded
- Area of the school campus including the blocks, playground etc
- Facilities available in the school like sports facilities, swimming pool, indoor games, dance & music, auditorium, canteen, medical & health dispensary, teaching methodology etc.
- The details of physical infrastructure like the number of classrooms, their size, number of smart classes, details of the library and the number of books, details of the science laboratories, mathematics and other labs, information regarding internet facilities (with speed in mbps), toilet facilities, drinking water facilities, barrier free access for physically challenged students, play & sports, staff room, web based learning programs etc.
- Details of the fee structure with bifurcation of monthly fee, admission fee, development charges, building fund etc. for various classes
- Safety measures available
- Transport facilities
- Transport fee
The following details of the staff have to be included
- Number of teaching & non-teaching staff has to be uploaded every session including PGT,NTT, TGT & PRT. The list of teachers also has to be attached
- Details of the non-teaching staff like the administrative staff, accounting staff, housekeeping staff, canteen staff, drivers, aayas etc.
- Details of the salary being paid to them also has to be attached.
- The mode of payment of salary
The financial reports of the school should include the following
- Balance sheet of the last three years
- Audit reports
- Copy of reserve funds
Other Vital Information
The schools also have to upload other information like
- Section wise enrollment
- Vocational courses available
- Details of the grievance redress officer
- Details of the members of the sexual harassment committee
- Emergency person contact details
- Details of sports/co-curricular/cultural activities
- Details of workshops/orientation programs organized
- Academic calendar
- Details of vacation
- Admission related details
- A 5-minute video showing the panoramic view of the school including all the facilities
- Photographs of various activities
Featured Image: CBSE Building