In the 9th episode, we discuss the story behind NOTA on the EVMs & the numbers associated
– How did NOTA come about?
– What are the NOTA vote share trends so far?
– What are the disconcerting issues with with usage of NOTA?
– Best Practices on NOTA from the State Election Commissions
– What lies ahead?
- Is NOTA losing sheen? Data says ‘Yes’
- Data suggests that support for NOTA is decreasing
- The Curious case of NOTA vote in Reserved Constituencies
Order of the Maharashtra SEC – https://mahasec.maharashtra.gov.in/Site/Upload/Pdf/Order%20of%20NOTA.pdf
Order of the Haryana SEC – http://secharyana.gov.in/web/assets/uploads/2017/02/order%20NOTA%20-%202018.pdf
For more in depth information on elections & election related issues, visit this page
The 17th General elections to the Lok Sabha (2019) are just around the corner. In this season of DECODE, we will talk about all the issues important to elections starting from voter registration, election history, political parties, election funding, relevant laws, model code of conduct, affidavits to be filed by candidates, about NOTA, women representation in elections, Voter cheatsheet, Manifestos etc.
DECODE is about simplifying complex issues related to government policy, government rules and many other issues related to government, that are useful to the common man.