In the 8th episode, we discuss about election manifestos that political parties release just before elections. Among other things, know about
– What are manifestos meant for?
– What to make of the manifestos?
– The details of existing guidelines on manifestos
– What can we do as citizens & citizen groups?
– What changes are required to ensure manifestos are taken seriously by political parties & people?
Check the following for more details
For Manual on Model Code of Conduct that has guidelines on manifestos, click here
For detailed Story on what the Model Code of Conduct, click here
Watch the Explainer Video on MCC here
For Manifestos of various political parties for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, click the following links
- BJP: https://www.bjp.org/en/manifesto2019
- Congress: https://manifesto.inc.in/en/
- Samajwadi Party: https://www.samajwadiparty.in/document_of_2019_eng.pdf
- CPIM: https://cpim.org/sites/default/files/documents/2019-ls-elc-manifesto.pdf
- TMC : http://aitcofficial.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/TMC-MANIFESTO-Eng.pdf
- NCP: https://ncp.org.in/adminpanel/magazine/NCP%20Manifesto%20Loksabha%202019_English_V5_Hires_r.pdf
- CPI: https://www.communistparty.in/blog/election-manifesto-of-the-communist-party-of-india-for-the-17th-lok-sabha-elections-2019
For more in depth information on elections & election related issues, visit this page
The 17th General elections to the Lok Sabha (2019) are just around the corner. In this season of DECODE, we will talk about all the issues important to elections starting from voter registration, election history, political parties, election funding, relevant laws, model code of conduct, affidavits to be filed by candidates, about NOTA, women representation in elections, Voter cheatsheet, Manifestos etc.
DECODE is about simplifying complex issues related to government policy, government rules and many other issues related to government, that are useful to the common man.